Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Strength for 2009

This is the end of 2008 and we are standing on the threshold of 2009. When you look back at the past year, you might feel sad, things did not quite work out the way you wanted them. On the other hand, looking at 2009 might fill you with fear. These observations are based on subjective feelings. We have to find our strength in something, someone outside ourselves. The something is the Bible and the someone is God our Creator. He made us. He loves us.

How much does God love you? Let's ask Him:

The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a Mighty One, Saviour [Who Saves]! He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest [in silent satisfaction] and in His love He will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them]; He will exult over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17 (Amplified Version).

Joyce Meyer writes that Zephaniah 3:17, in Hebrew, gives us the image that God literally "spins around" with joy over you and that He sings and shouts over you with joy! God has not only saved you from His wrath through Jesus, but He delights in you!

Thank God for His great love for you, and ask Him to help you understand the depths of His love for you even more fully. Find your strength in Him.


The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him. Ex 15:2

It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. 2Sa 22:33

The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. Ps 118:14

What will you do in 2009? Take the advice of the psalmist: Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. Ps 105:4

No comments: