Friday, January 2, 2009

Your purpose in Namibia 2009

My wife and I love the daily devotional by Dr Selwyn Huges called Every Day with Jesus. The theme for the first two months of 2009 is "Purpose for Living". From it I want to challenge you to spend some time with God and to bring your purpose for 2009 in line with His concern.

From the devotional: Christians need not to be in any doubt about the direction in which God wants them to go, or what is the Creator's highest purpose for their life.

It is receiving God's love, and channelling that love into the lives of those around us, including those who are discouraged or wounded. God wants you to be a caring person, sensitive to the needs of others, and aware of how He wants you to minister to them. Whatever else God may have for you to do in this world (and in Namibia), his highest purpose is to make you a channel of His tender, loving care to others. Once you grasp this, then you are on your way to fulfilling your highest destiny.

Father God, drive this truth deep into my spirit.
Help me to see that You have put me on earth
and in Namibia for a high and far reaching purpose, and make Your purpose more clear to me day by day. For Jesus' sake. Amen.
Source Every Day with Jesus Jan / Feb 2009 "Purpose for Living".

No comments: