Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pray for my school!

I have found a powerful guide to help you intercede for your school. Parents, teachers, and students can use it to pray for their school. Churches can use it to intercede for the Namibian school systems around them. In order to cover a school in prayer, you must intercede for three groups: the students, the teachers, and the parents. You can use these prayers or develop your own from them. You are encouraged to get the guide from http://www.kingdompraying.com or you can ask and I will forward this short but very helpful prayer guide as a Word document to your e-mail address. Please write to me at pray4namibia@gmail.com

Here are three examples from the prayer guide:

Praying For The Students


Father, I ask for a powerful and deep work of the Holy Spirit among the students of my school (___________________). I plead that He will do a powerful and gracious work in their hearts. Holy Spirit, release Your power in this school and meet the particular spiritual needs of the students (John 16:7-11; 2 Chronicles 7:14; Psalm 42:1-2).

Praying For The Teachers

Father, I plead that the unsaved teachers of my school (___________________) would enter into a personal relationship with You through the Lord Jesus Christ. I pray that they would turn from their sin to Jesus in genuine faith (John 3:15-18, 6:44; Acts 4:12, 17:30-31).

Praying For The Parents

Father, I plead that the parents of my school (___________________) will create an atmosphere at home that will help the children learn and grow. I pray that the parents will take the initiative to teach and train the children at home (Deuteronomy 6:6-7).

May God bless you and your school as we all intercede!

No comments: