Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Push the boat into the water!

Starting a Blog is like building a boat. Once it is finished, you can admire is, sit in it, sleep in it. But there comes a time that you have to put to test. Like Admiral Grace Murray Hopper said: "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for." You have to push the boat in the water. That is what I did yesterday. The boat is in the water now. But will it sail?

I invite you to join me as we put this boat to the test. Sailing is also a spiritual exercise. Just consider these sayings that I have found about sailing: "Men in a ship are always looking up, and men ashore are usually looking down." John Masefield. My vision for this Blog is that it will help us all to look up.

Please consider also these words of wisdom: "Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." Robert N. Rose. My hope is that this Blog will help us to fulfil our dreams for Namibia and for building God's Kingdom in and through its people.
My hope is that you will again and again return to this Blog to find that you have been challenged and changed. Roselle Mercier Montgomery put it so well: "Never a ship sails out of a bay, but carries my heart as a stowaway." That is what I trust this Blog will offer to us (you and me), a place where we can stowaway from the storms of life and meet with God and just spend time with Him.

Will this boat sail? Will this Blog survive? John Rousmaniere said this: "The goal is not to sail the boat, but rather to help the boat sail herself." This is my dream for this Blog that it will survive, not because of us, but in spite of us. Will you pray with me and trust God, that He will be the Master Sailor, the Master Writer and that through the Holy Spirit He will take us to places far and above our highest expectations.


Luke 8:22 One day Jesus said to his disciples, "Let’s go over to the other side of the lake." So they got into a boat and set out.

1 comment:

Maxwells House said...

I continue to pray for Namibia; especially those in the South-Southwest area of the country. My heart and the heart of my family plead for mercy, revelation, knowledge, and provision.

We live in America but have a deep heart for the Namibian peoples