Friday, February 1, 2013

THE BIG C in NAMIBIA


Many people see cancer as the big C. Believers see Christ as the Big C.

World Cancer Day is Monday  - 4 February 2013.

According to the Cancer Association of Namibia –
  • Approximately 47% of cancer cases occur in less developed regions of the world.
  • With the right strategies, a third of most common cancers can be prevented.
  • Many cancers can now be cured and can be treated effectively.
  • Cancer is becoming an increasing public health problem.
Let us intercede 
  • For the work of the Cancer Association of Namibia - the task to spread information to the rural areas of this large country is a huge challenge.
  • Pray for the church, that they will also come along side the Cancer Association to help inform their flock about the what, who and how of cancer. (see www.can.org.na)
  • Pray that both patients and believers will understand the disease and put their trust in the healing power of the Lord.
Your faith has made you well. Luke 8:48
I am the LORD, who heals you. Exodus 15:26
He forgives all my sins. He heals me. Psalms 103:3

Prayer

O Lord, even as I suffer from my illness, I believe in your might. Even as I am besieged by armies of pain, I seek refuge in you. Help me to feel your presence even more firmly in my life. Give me courage to face anything, to endure everything with you by my side, that I may bless your Holy Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; Save me, and I shall be saved, for You are my praise (Jeremiah 17:13-15) Amen

Prayer compiled by Carolyn Corthell, MSW January 2009
Breast cancer survivor
Source:
http://www.bcadvisor.com/scriptures-and-a-prayer-for-cancer-patients/survivors/overcomers-104675.html
ALSO SEE: http://prayer-for-cancer.com/

No comments: