Friday, July 20, 2012

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

Men and women athletes to represent Namibia at the Olympic and Paralympic Games in London paid a courtesy visit to President Pohamba. It is the first time that nine athletes from Namibia qualified to participate in Section A of the Olympic Games that will begin on 27 July. They left for London today and will return after 12 August.

Please pray for these athletes, for a safe journey and that they will be good ambassadors of Namibia. Here are some of the names in the team: Gaby Ahrens (clay pigeon shooting); Helalia John and Beata Naigambo (marathon); Shem Shilimela (wrestling); Mujandjae Kasuto and Jonas Matheus (boxing); Tjipekapura Herunga (track);  Marc Bassingthwaighte and Dan Craven (cycling).

For several in the team it is their first games. Pray that this will be an enriching experience for them, that they will be worthy competitors and be able to share what they learn when they return home.

Pray according to:

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me––the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace. Acts 20:24 

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7

Photo: http://www.republikein.com.na

No comments: