Thursday, July 9, 2009

FARMING GOD'S WAY


One of the most exciting ministries in Namibia is AMOS. Their vision is to grant everyone in Namibia and Africa who is part of the rural and farming community an opportunity to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and to live and farm according to Biblical values and norms.

It is about Living and Farming God’s Way. It’s not a slogan, it’s a lifestyle!


On their website http://www.amosnamibia.com you will find very helpful information about "Farming God's Way". Most of the page is in Afrikaans, by click on the link "Basics" and also read "Testimonies" for material in English and German.


Here is the dream of Farming God's Way: When I look at Africa and agriculture, I don’t see what it is, but what it can become. I don’t see famine, conflict, disease, destruction, chaos and poverty. Not because I close my eyes to the reality that is Africa, but because I look with different eyes – I look with the eyes of faith.
I see what Africa and agriculture will look like when God is done with it.

I see what Africa will look like when Living and Farming God’s Way is not merely a slogan, but the lifestyle of millions of agriculturalists across Africa. I see Africa reflecting the greatness,goodness, justice, love and care of the Father at the time ordained by God.
I see Africa in a restored relationship with God and how we as people of Africa take hands across all borders. I see God changing the way we as Africans think of our land to bring it in line with His Word.

In Africa we will think anew of the labour we perform each day, and then God will feed Africa by blessing the work of our hands. The Lord will save
millions in Africa in answer to our prayers. He will rejoice over Africa (cf. Zephaniah 3:17).

Pray for AMOS in Namibia and for all in the farming community. Pray that transformation will continue and that this dream will become a reality!

No comments: