Saturday, February 28, 2009

Care for Others

We have just completed a study on the purpose of living by Selwyn Hughes. The purpose for living is "To love God and to care for others."

He concluded the study by saying "caring is carrying" and shared the following story:


A girl was seen carrying her little brother home after he had fallen and grazed his knee. The little boy was almost as big as her, and as she seemed to be labouring under the burden of his weight, a neighbour said: "Put him down, my dear. He is to heavy for you to carry". The little girl answered assertively: "He is not to heavy - he is my brother!"


Dear Lord, thank you for challenging me. Let me use every day of my life in fulfilling the greatest purpose You have given me - loving You, and caring for others. In Jesus' Name. Amen

No comments: